|“||The Organization, The Other Side. The Other Side, The Organization. Round and round, a chaotic circle. Well, now it's time for... The Alternate.||”|
- Zendaya as K.C. Cooper
- Veronica Dunne as Marisa Miller
- Kamil McFadden as Ernie Cooper
- Trinitee Stokes as Judy Cooper
- Tammy Townsend as Kira Cooper
- Kadeem Hardison as Craig Cooper
- François Chau as Zane Willis
- Ross Butler as Brett Willis (voice only)
- Roz Ryan as Gayle King
- Charlie Robinson as Othello King
- Sherri Shepherd as Beverly
- Rick Hall as Agent Johnson
- Haley Tju as Zoe (recap footage)
- James McCauley as Captain
- Neal Lerner as Medic
- Gina St. John as Reporter
- Eliza Lauren as Kid
| To view the Out of the Water and Into the Fire gallery, click here.
- This episode premiered the same day as Welcome to the Jungle.
- The original title was, "You Must Be Good and Kind".
- When they were in the helicopter, Marisa yelled "Heads down, stay down, brace, brace, brace", she was referring to the movie "Sully" with Tom Hanks.
- Beverly made her first appearance since K.C. and Brett: The Final Chapter - Part 2.
- A third as yet unknown player in the geopolitical spy world is introduced, "The Alternate."
- Marisa's phone broke during the helicopter crash.
- When they arrived on the ship, the medic on it found out Judy had no pulse.
- When Agent Johnson told Beverly the Coopers did not survive the helicopter crash, The Organization held a memorial ceremony.
- Gayle sang Amazing Grace at the memorial ceremony.
- The Coopers return to their home, after coming back from The Organization. And Gayle and Othello became the first to know they were still alive.
- Judy imitates Brett's voice to make Zane meet up with the Coopers. Zane brought back-up, but ended up being the one who lost.
- This was the first time Beverly and Agent Johnson communicated in the series.
- This were the 2nd time Judy had a different hairstyle other than straight puffs (first time Spy of the Year Awards)
- Brett Willis never actually appears in the episode, but only his voice is heard when Judy imitates it.
- It is revealed that K.C. and Brett are still in touch as she said she'd call him for the location of his birthday party helded every year when Brett was a kid.
- When the ship captain pulled out Judy's arm, the skin tone of that arm was darker than Judy's real arm.
Captain Considering what you've been through, you're all very lucky.
Captain She's acting erratic. I think she may be in shock.