|“||Accounting isn't our only job. We're also spies.||”|
—Kira to K.C.
Season 1, Episode 1
January 18, 2015
Corinne Marshall (story)
K.C. takes on her first undercover assignment as a spy.
K.C takes on her first undercover assignment, which coincides with her school dance. The mission: apprehend an enemy teen spy and recover the code for a virus designed to render every mobile device useless. It sounds easy, but when you develop a crush on the person you're supposed to be taking down, it's really not.
- Zendaya as K.C. Cooper
- Veronica Dunne as Marisa
- Kamil McFadden as Ernie Cooper
- Tammy Townsend as Kira Cooper
- Kadeem Hardison as Craig Cooper
- Tony Cavalero as Wally
- Ashley Fink as Reena
- Chris Brewster as The Target
- Ashlee Füss as Juli
- Trevor Jackson as Lincoln
- Jack DePew as Ryan
- Larry Udy as Janitor
Kira: Accounting isn't our only job. We're also spies.
Marisa: Oh, sorry, I can't eat with you. I have detention.
K.C.: (Mouthing) What are you doing?
Lincoln: Uh...how 'bout you let me go and we grab a bite to eat? (pause) You like... sushi?
Lincoln: I'll be right back.
K.C.: Tonight is a school night.
- All of the main characters except Judy Cooper are introduced in this episode.
- This is the first episode of the season and series.
- It shows that Craig and Kira Cooper like K.C. better than Ernie.
- Val Chmerkovskiy, Zendaya's partner from Dancing With The Stars choreographed the tango dance shown in this episode.
- This episode is rated TV-Y7 while the others in the series are rated TV-G.
- The rating episode are 3.51 viewers (in millions), making K.C. Undercover the Disney Channel show with lowest ratings in its debut.
- Two guest stars in this episode, Ashley Fink and Trevor Jackson, have previously guest starred on Disney Channel's Austin & Ally.
- January 23, 2015 (Canada)
- March 5, 2015 (Australia)
- March 27, 2015 (UK and Ireland)
- April 1, 2015 (France)
- April 17, 2015 (Scandinavia)
- May 17, 2015 (Latin America)
- May 23, 2015 (Japan)
- May 2015 (Portugal and Spain)
| To view the Pilot gallery, click here.